Monday, June 22, 2009

What do these things have in common?




The answer: They have both been up Katie's nose. She's usually so good! She follows directions, she listens to rules. She know that she shouldn't put things up her nose. I don't know what made her think of it, she was playing while I was cooking dinner with her Polly Pockets set. Next I heard she was blowing her nose. I thought that it was a sneeze, but then she said that her nose hurts. As I walk over to look at her, she sends one shoe out of her nose. Lovely. I ask, "Katie, where is the other one?".

"I don't know." I've learned that this is never a good answer from a child, so I ask her to help me look for it. She looks at the ground and turns in a circle. I start freaking out a little. I know that she had two shoes when she started playing. My search extends to the couch cushions and under the chairs. Nothing.

"Katie, did you put the other shoe up your nose, too?"

"Ummmm."

(Polly Pocket shoes are NOT the easiest things to pull out of a child's nose, but I think that Godfather Mike still holds the record for silly things put up their nose, for shoving a marble up his when he was kid!)

No comments: